In other words, simply let your career and daily activities be harmonious expressions of who you truly are. – The Warrior Within
Nate Miyaki is “The People’s Physique Champ”, and that’s all you really need to know about him. Hahaha, just kidding. More accurately, Nate is sort of just a fitness vagabond — he does a little bit of everything in the fitness and physique game.
Personally, Nate’s journey started in traditional sports (football, track & field). He later became a student in the martial arts (capoeira), gymnastics, and stunts. This led to a time training and touring as a professional wrestler. Nate eventually traded in his wrestling tights for a dong thong (unfortunately extra small), and competed in several natural bodybuilding events.
A 4-time Amazon #1 Best-Selling Author, Nate’s work has appeared in Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, LIVESTRONG, Bodybuilding.com, and T-Nation. He was named one of The 100 Most Influential People in Health and Fitness, and one of Top 50 Hottest Trainers in America. Nate has been a speaker at fitness conferences including Paleo f(x) and Body 2.0 and corporate wellness programs at Zynga, Wix.com, the Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Hanson Bridgett LLP.
Since a lot of the above strokes the ego but doesn’t always pay the bills, Nate’s bread and butter business (or more accurately meat and rice factory) has been running a private training and nutrition consulting practice in San Francisco for close to 20 years. Throughout that time he has worked with a wide variety of clientele ranging from professional athletes, models, and physique competitors to busy professionals looking to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their programs.
*Nate wrote this bio in the third person in hopes that it would convince you that someone else was compelled to tell his most glorious tale.
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- Post-baccalaureate studies in Kinesiology, San Francisco State University.
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Functional Training & Corrective Exercise Specialty Certification (ACE)
- The Janda System of Evaluation and Treatment of Muscle Imbalance Certification
- Science and Development of Muscle Hypertrophy Certification (DSW Fitness/Human Kinetics)
- Un-Certified Specialist in immature humor (my many clients over the years & my mirror)
- 2017 INBA Battle Against Cancer – 2nd Place, Men’s Physique Open and Junior Masters divisions
- 2009 Musclemania World Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, Bantamweight division
- 2004 NPC Max Muscle Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, Lightweight division
- Muscle & Fitness: Nate Miyaki’s Body Shredding Advice
- T-Nation Interview: Warrior Fitness
- Men’s Health: Go Longer, Go Harder! The secrets of men who achieve their max
- LIVESTRONG: 4 Reasons to Eat More Calories and Carbs at Night
- Renegade Radio Podcast: Intermittent Feasting, Paleo, Pre Workout Nutrition, Meal Timing, and Protein Intake
- The Paleo Solution Podcast: Talking with Robb Wolf about Paleo & Performance Nutrition
- BODYBUILDING.COM: Miyaki’s 14-Week 1st Place Musclemania America Contest Prep
I hope this site becomes an educational and motivational resource for you. I’ve trained in a lot of different styles and worked with a lot of different people. My goal is to take everything I’ve learned about natural physique transformation training (and continue learning as a lifelong student/athlete), and streamline it down into some simple, straightforward, and actionable strategies. I believe I can best share those strategies with you primarily through courses, books, and blog posts. From there, you must do two things:
- Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is specifically your own. – Bruce Lee
- When you understand what I am telling you, apply what you have learned to your everyday life…I am not interested with your talk about my ideas. I am more interested in your applying them to your life. – Miyamoto Musashi
Imagine a physique-focused fitness approach that is effective, efficient, practical, and sustainable.
Effective because it combines research and strategies from the Exercise Physiology, Ancestral Health, Kinesiology, & Sports Nutrition fields with decades of practical experience in the Natural Physique Game, both as an athlete and a coach.
Efficient because it narrows the focus down to the specific physique transformation task at hand; hacks away the unessential and irrelevant; starts at the top of the hierarchy of importance, and streamlines the process down into some simple, straightforward, and actionable strategies.
Practical because the training and nutrition plans can be easily integrated into your busy life. We’re not talking to the dude who is living in a van down by the gym jerking off to social media posts, and has no life outside of fitness. We believe you can achieve high-level physique goals WITHOUT compromising your career, cognitive function, health, happiness, sanity, sex, or social life.
Sustainable because we don’t rely on physique-enhancing drugs, popping fat burning pills like Pez candy, hitting 2 hours of cardio a day, training 7 days a week, eating no carbs for months at a time, or any other extreme methods to get the job done. Shotgun blast approaches may work in the short-term, but usually just end up in disastrous rebounds or indefinite burn out. None of that roller coaster ride is necessary. We believe with an informed approach, you can have a sane and sustainable plan that helps you live lean and look good naked year-round.
So I guess in a nut sac (I mean nutshell), that’s what we’re all about. If that sounds like something you are into, we’d love to help you get rolling in the right direction.
A few simple techniques well presented, an aim clearly seen, are better than a tangled maze of data whirling in disorganized educational chaos. – Bruce Lee
HOW TO GET STARTED
We have books and blogs dating back a decade. And we could go on and on forever with the online dance of me trying convince you of the value of our content via slick marketing material and sales copy. To me, that’s for the dudes who don’t really know what the hell they are doing, and have to make up for it somehow = focusing on the flash vs. the substance.
But I’m confident enough in what we do that I believe the best way to show you how awesome and effective our approach is…is to just give you access to some of it. From there, you can decide for yourself whether or not you think our style is useful for you.
So with that sentiment in mind, my suggested starting point is to check out our free Fundamentals of Fat Loss & Physique Transformation video course we put together. This email course will give you an overview of the entire approach we take to the physique-focused fitness process, as well as the highest-level steps you can immediately get started with today.
Even if it will be very difficult to succeed by advancing straight ahead, it will not do to think about going at it in a long roundabout way. One’s heart may slacken, he may miss his chance, and by and larger there will be no success. The Way of the Samurai is one of immediacy, and it is best to dash in headlong. – Hagakure