Holy shit man, summer is right around the corner!!!
And any honest fitness dude or diva will tell you that if you want to make a dramatic visual difference in your physique before the summer days start drifting away, you need to start on a targeted training and nutrition plan RIGHT FREAKING NOW.
Because Summer Loving happens so fast…
You know by now that your People’s Nutrition Educator can’t stand da bullshit that plagues our beloved fitness industry. So I’m here to tell you the truth – losing fat, building some lean muscle, and transforming your physique takes time.
Forget about waiting until the last minute and thinking following some crash diet, extreme training protocol, or miracle detox/cleanse program is gonna get the job done. How many times has that actually worked for you or anyone you know? Most just end up losing a bunch of muscle and looking softer and flabbier. They certainly don’t end up with a Goldmember or Austin Powers-style “tight body”.
The scale may say you are winning with that crap, but the mirror will show you that you are losing. Because remember, muscle is what provides your body with its shape, tightness, tone, and definition (yes, you too ladies).
And then of course there is the equally fast weight rebound that happens afterwards, which of course no one talks about. It’s a pointless roller coaster ride without the cool hands in the air, blood rushing to your red face, screaming photo at the end of it. But I digress…
The main point I’m trying to get across is that if you want to be ready for some summer loving, and maybe even some bedroom fireworks on da 4th of July, you need to get on a better, more efficient plan. And you need to start putting in the work on that plan now. That’s why we put together our Free Beach Physique Guide.
Some of you sneaky bastards have already seen it and downloaded it. Hope you dig it. But for the rest of you, today is the official launch of it.
What is this glorious Beach Physique Guide all about?
It’s basically everything I think you need to know to lose fat, build some lean muscle mass, transform your physique, and look awesome in a bikini, board shorts, or walking around naked. It consists of 3-parts.
1. THE BEACH PHYSIQUE FREE PDF GUIDE
For the go-getters, we dropped everything down into a PDF file that you can download immediately. You can read it in one sitting and get started with your plan today.
2. THE BEACH PHYSIQUE E-COURSE
But sometimes with anything new or challenging, it’s easy to get overwhelmed. And when that happens, you end up doing nothing. We ain’t down with that. Although we’re about having a little fun along the way here, we’re also about getting shit done.
So what we did is break the guide up into smaller, more digestible, more manageable chunks. We cover the most important strategies one topic at a time, and send them over email lessons. We then give you a few practical action steps to take, and some time to go out and apply them before we dive into the next lesson.
And in case you hate reading emails, the majority of the lessons also come with the option of watching it as a video tutorial.
Think of it as an ongoing, multimedia, Beach Physique E-course. Some people learn, absorb, and apply better this way. If that’s you, great! I’m down for whatever gets you to where you want to go.
3. THE ONGOING BEACH PHYSIQUE NEWSLETTER
Fitness and physique is our passion. We practice what we preach, we do what we teach, and we want to provide you with the ongoing support and advice you’re going to need to perfect your beach physique.
Here’s the deal. I still train private clients offline (and am forced to find new ways of overcoming roadblocks and plateaus), speak at conferences and corporate wellness programs, do interviews and podcasts, write articles for most of the major fitness magazines, and update this blog regularly.
I also consider myself a lifelong student and am learning and growing every day as an athlete and educator. I’m constantly reading new resources, attending conferences and seminars, and absorbing techniques and strategies from trusted colleagues.
When I’ve learned something new, and think it can help you, I want to share that with you. This newsletter is how I can do that.
IF YOU’RE DIGGING IT, DOWNLOAD IT
If all of that sounds good to you, I invite you to sign up for the guide, e-course, and ongoing newsletter today. Here’s where you can do that. If you scroll down a little, there’s a video of me explaining a little bit more about what the guide is about, and why it was created:
Hey guys and gals, Kalai and I are in the process of putting together our free “Beach Physique Guide”.
Free meaning to “trick” you into signing up for our blog — don’t worry, we provide awesome information meant to actually help you, not bullshit.
“Beach Physique Guide” meaning training and nutrition programs geared specifically towards slashing fat, building a beach-ready body, and looking awesome with your shirt off, pants off, or walking around naked (not getting better at doing a bunch of exercises and drills in the gym, but getting nowhere with your physique goals).
This thing is gonna be cool man — an ebook plus an ongoing e-course/newsletter with emails and videos, etc. This may be my final fitness coaching swan song, because I’m kind of getting bored with it all. I may just go back to competing myself, and doing something else.
But first, I need to leave you with a comprehensive resource so you can learn everything you need to know to slash fat, transform your physique, and look awesome. By the end, you’ll know more than 90% of the trainers out there — at least when it comes to body composition transformation — and you’ll be able to be your own physique coach. You won’t need me or any other guru around to get the job done.
This guide is gonna be just that. So get your bikini or dong thong ready.
Anyways, that’s right around the corner. For now, I was editing and uploading some of the videos, and thought these two in particular might help give you a good idea of our overall approach to body composition transformation, physique enhancement, etc.
Once you understand Da Big Picture, we can dive into Da Details. Here’s the vi-vi-videos:
THE BEACH PHYSIQUE — BIG PICTURE OVERVIEW
THE BEACH PHYSIQUE — DIET FOR 80% FAT LOSS
I’ve been “social media-ing” about a few recent nutrition talks I’ve given, and “Da People” have voiced their passionate desire to taste a few samplings of these epic events. As the humble Westley once said to Buttercup in the Princess Bride, “As you wish”.
DESIGNING DIETS FOR BUSY PROFESSIONALS
I take a slightly different approach when designing diets plans for busy professionals then for athletes. We need to prioritize, and focus on the highest level steps first in order to produce the fastest, most effective, and most efficient results. I believe that path is different based on different demographics. In this first video clip, I talk about the strategy I take with busy professionals:
- Improve Crappy Food Choices
- Find a Diet Structure That Works as a Lifestyle Plan
- Integrate Targeted Dietary Numbers for Higher-Level Physique Goals, Over Time
DESIGNING DIETS FOR ATHLETES
The game is different for athletes, and fitness freaks and geeks. Although the broad topics remain the same, the order of strategic importance changes. In this second video clip, I talk about the approach I take with athletes:
- Focus on Detailed & Targeted Numbers First
- Emphasize Good Food Choices
- Find a Practical & Sustainable Diet Structure
POST-TALK Q AND A
I debated putting up a third clip of the bourbon-fueled post talk Q and A’s, socializing, mingling and tingling, etc. But:
1. I’d need to get a bunch of release forms signed by the participants. Ain’t nobody got no damn time for that.
2. I’d like to keep this site rated R. I’m not ready to annoy you with all of the pop-ups that “pop up” on XXX-rated sites.
Totally just kidding by the way. I’m a big talker, but not as cool as I pretend. However, one thing can’t be denied — the people have always loved “The Miyak(i)”, and “The Miyak(i)” the people. Maybe my trustee white board will visit your town soon.
*WARNING – This post is a rant about the Paleo vs. Debunking Paleo Diet Debate in specific, and the health & fitness industry in general. It is Rated “R” by the fitness blogger’s association and is bound to offend probably everyone at some point. Sorry about that. I come from a small surfer town where: (a) we’re a little rough around the edges with the language and whatnot, (b) you can get in a fist fight with someone, and laugh about it with them over a drink a few hours later. If you’re not that laid back, don’t keep reading. Read the rest of this entry
I was recently a guest on a popular fitness podcast in Austria — Power-Quest. We had a great time talking about a variety of topics related to fat loss nutrition, training, and looking ripped year-round.
Listen to the full interview here: 388 (Gold): Nate Miyaki — Ein Samurai im Kampfermodus
*Scroll down and click on the title. The portion with me is in English, and it starts at 13:50 and ends at 47:50.
- What Nate’s 2000 calorie dinner consists of, hahaha….
- How you can structure your diet in a way to eat a big, satiating meal with carbs at night, even in the most aggressive fat loss/cutting phases. No more starving on lettuce leaves at night to get lean.
- Why calories and macronutrients are exponentially more important than diet structure.
- How Intermittent Feast pulls principles from natural bodybuilding, The Paleo Diet, Sports Nutrition, and intermittent fasting protocols.
- A brief comparison of 5-6 small meals a day vs. 2 meals a day, and why the latter can work as an excellent fat loss & physique enhancement plan (from physiology to practicality to sustainability).
- Giving credit where credit is due — Serge Nubret (as the athletic) and Ori Hofmekler (as the intellectual & scientific) pioneers of intermittent fasting/feasting protocols.
- The problems with extreme bulking & cutting phases.
- Why you can use bodybuilders for inspiration, but also why you shouldn’t try to follow the protocols of drug enhanced athletes (unless of course you want to take that route, no judgement here).
- Why I love red meat.
- Sane, unbiased protein recommendations.
- Why you should put more focus on the basics of a sound nutrition plan vs. the overuse of supplements as miracle cures.
- Why there is no one right way to train. An athlete simply must match their training protocol to their goal, how my program changed training primarily for performance (martial arts and stunts) vs. training for appearance (natural bodybuilding, fitness modeling).
- The value of mobility and dynamic warm-ups to offset computer posture and prevent injury.
- Why free weights and basic movements should be the foundation of your routine as opposed to flashy & fancy exercises.
EIN SAMURAI! I don’t know what that means, but it sounds pretty cool. Thanks for the opportunity Dominik.