Category Archives: warrior principles
- Because we can all use a little more “beach dude” mentality in our lives…
- Because life is too short to be stressed out all of the time…
- Because a great kahu once said, “leave your trash at the door”…
- Because its been a tough year, but we’ve survived by putting one foot in front of the other and just walking on…
- Speaking of Bruce Lee, he once said, “Don’t add worry to your troubles. Serene, detached from all results, ready to fight or run, to win or lose, and always ready to laugh at all things, take whatever comes. Your child is ill you say, or you cannot pay the rent? Very well, accept these facts and face them. Are they not trouble enough in themselves without adding the aggravation of worry to them?
- He also said, “Worry only creates problems for those around you. One who is possessed by worry not only lacks the poise to solve his own problems, but by his nervousness and irritability creates additional problems for those around him.”
- Because I don’t know man. I believe you only get one life, and you might as well try and enjoy it regardless of your situation.
Here’s the theme song of my life and this blog (OK, that’s a little overly dramatic, but whatever). I just like this song, not just for the melody, but for the message as well. I hope it helps brighten your day a little bit my friends.
Here is the best and most honest fat loss/health enhancement advice I could ever give you:
Upping your # of glasses of water per day is good advice, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe you do need more Vitamin C or calcium or whatever, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Perhaps you actually do need a prescription for something, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Definitely increase your fish oil/Omega 3′s, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
You can shake your weight (or anything else) until it breaks, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Going gluten free is a great step, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe that fat burning pill actually works, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Yes, smuggle me in some exotic herbs from the mountains, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Sure organic foods are better than factory produced foods, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Green tea is awesome, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe that 100 calorie snack is better than the 500 cal version. BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe that miracle detox cleanse isn’t total bullshit, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe polyphenols and other miracle nutrients are cool, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Correcting any hormonal imbalances will help, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Avoiding carbs like the plague may be part of the answer, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe your genetics suck, maybe they are awesome, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Increasing your fiber rocks (actually it softens), BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Maybe 3.8g of BCAA’s before your workout will give you an edge, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
A real or fake tan is a good illusion, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
You can buy an infomercial slimming shirt or dress, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Boob jobs, stomach surgeries, and liposuction may change your appearance, BUT YOU STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT.
Even if magic pills did exist, YOU WOULD STILL NEED TO STOP EATING SHIT!
Except once a week of course. Then eat some SHIT during a cheat feast at night to make your plan more realistic, functional, and sustainable. *Warning: if you see me coming down the block on a feast night, hide your pets and small children.
Listen up man (or girl)
1. You can keep getting information overloaded regarding the details that produces less than 10% of real world results, or you can focus on the one, simple step that produces 90% of results.
2. You can focus on all the crap and miracle cures and easier ways that are being sold to you, or you can focus on the one free step that is guaranteed to produce results.
3. You can keep reading health blurbs for entertainment purposes or to make you “feel” like you are doing something good for your health and fat loss goals, or you can actually get out there and DO something about them.
4. You can keep spinning your wheels with fluff, or you can toughen up and get some shit done with the cold, hard TRUTH.
My goal was not to offend anyone with this post (if I did, I’m sorry), my goal was to actually help you.
My name is Nate Miyaki, and I approved this message. You can share it with anyone you like.
I’m normally a big budget, guns blazing, blockbuster, Hollywood action guy or a laugh your a$$ off, ridiculousness, Will Ferrell is the greatest of all-time/can’t wait for Anchorman II, dumb comedy guy.
This past weekend, however, I saw an independent documentary film about Jiro Ono, a legendary sushi chef in Japan. The film explored his business, his daily routine, his work as a teacher, and his life, all of which are intertwined into one big devotion to a craft, to never settling for anything less than following your passion.
Before I lose you, don’t let the title mislead you. I’m not writing about this move because of the sushi. I’m writing about it because there are valuable lessons we can all learn from Jiro himself, regardless of our profession or chosen path in life.
DO YOU LOVE WHAT YOU DO?
Well, I’ve been talking about it for awhile. You’ve been patiently awaiting its arrival. Or were you just being polite, in all actuality thinking to yourself, “This joker is full of crap, he’s a talker not a doer, he isn’t putting out a book.” Ha, that’s what I was starting to think too.
The thing is, I’ve actually been working on versions of this book for a couple of years. Its only become public knowledge over the last year since I started writing a regular column for T-Nation and lost my “Social Media Virginity” (and yes it was awkward and uncomfortable and I wasn’t that good, but I’m gaining some confidence. I’ll probably never be Don Juan, but at least I’m getting some action).
Anyway, the Samurai Diet is finally complete, and available for your viewing. I have a lot of people to thank, and really, I am so very lucky to be surrounded by such great and supportive people in my life. But this ain’t the Oscars Jack, so no laundry list of Thank You’s here, the “Get Off the Stage” light is blinking. Here’s the link to the book page, I hope you enjoy it:
1. Throughout your life advance daily, becoming more skillful than yesterday, more skillful than today. This is never-ending. — Hagakure.
2. Something that is not done at that time and at that place will remain unfinished for a lifetime. At a time when it is difficult to complete matters with the strength of a single man, one will bring it to a conclusion with the strength of two. — Hagakure.
3. It is clear that achieving incredible results requires incredible discipline — knowledge that can be applied in any endeavor. — Samurai Srategies
4. First, you must choose a goal before you can achieve it, and second, the more difficult and dangerous your goals is, the more effort you must put into achieving it. Ambitious goals will help you focus your energies, abilities, and actions to maximum effect. — Samurai Strategies
5. It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain to that which you have seen and heard the masters attain. The masters are men. You are also a man. If you think that you will be inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon. — Hagakure. Read the rest of this entry