In other words, simply let your career and daily activities be harmonious expressions of who you truly are. – The Warrior Within
Nate is “The People’s Physique Champ”, and that’s all you really need to know about him…hahaha, just kidding. More accurately, Nate is sort of just a fitness vagabond — he does a little bit of everything in the fitness and physique game.
Personally, Nate’s journey started in traditional sports (football, track & field). He later became a student in the martial arts (capoeira), gymnastics, and stunts. This led to a time training and touring as a professional wrestler. Nate eventually traded in his wrestling tights for a dong thong (unfortunately extra small), and competed in several natural bodybuilding events.
Currently, Nate is starting to train for Men’s Physique competitions. And despite his bulbous head that is much too big for his own body, he seems to be getting more regular gigs as a model and representative for several different fitness brands. He has promised his family and friends that he will grow up and get a real job at some point, just not quite yet…
Professionally, Nate is a 4x Amazon #1 Best-Selling Author (The Truth About Carbs, The Truth About Weight Loss, The 6-Pack Checklist, Rise Above). His work has appeared in Men’s Fitness, Men’s Health, Muscle & Fitness, LIVESTRONG, Bodybuilding.com, and T-Nation. He was named one of The 100 Most Influential People in Health & Fitness (Greatist), and one of The Hottest 50 Trainers in America (Shape).
Nate is passionate about fitness research and education. Through various journals he stays on top of the latest information in Sports Nutrition & Exercise Physiology. He also likes to hear himself talk. As a result, he has been a speaker at various fitness conferences and corporate wellness programs including Paleo f(x), Body 2.0, Zynga, Wix.com, Stanford Graduate School of Business, and Hanson Bridgett LLP.
Since a lot of the above strokes the ego but doesn’t always pay the bills, Nate’s bread and butter business (or more accurately meat and rice factory) has been running a private training and nutrition consulting practice in San Francisco for close to 20 years. Throughout that time, he has worked with a wide variety of clientele ranging from professional athletes, models, and physique competitors to busy professionals looking to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of their programs.
*Nate wrote this bio in the third person in hopes that it would convince you that someone else was compelled to tell his most glorious tale.
- BA, University of California, Berkeley
- Post-baccalaureate studies in Kinesiology, San Francisco State University.
- Certified Personal Trainer, American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- Certified Specialist in Sports Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Certified Specialist in Fitness Nutrition, International Sports Science Association (ISSA)
- Un-Certified Specialist in immature humor (my many clients over the years & my mirror)
- Functional Training & Corrective Exercise Specialty Certification (ACE)
- The Janda System of Evaluation and Treatment of Muscle Imbalance Certification
- Sport Yoga Instructor (NESTA)
- 2009 Musclemania World Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, bantamweight division.
- 2004 NPC Max Muscle Natural Bodybuilding Championships — 1st place, lightweight division
Gung fu values the wonder of the ordinary, and the idea is not daily increase but daily decrease. Being wise in gung fu does not mean adding more but being able to remove sophistication and ornamentation and be simply simple – like a sculptor building a statue not by adding, but by hacking away the unessential so that the truth will be revealed unobstructed. – Bruce Lee
Of course all of the above ego building bullshit is really meaningless to you. You just want to know how my work can ultimately help YOU reach YOUR fitness goals.
I hope this site becomes an educational and motivational resource for you. I’ve trained in a lot of different styles and worked with a lot of different people. My goal is to take everything I’ve learned about natural physique transformation training (and continue learning as a lifelong student/athlete), and streamline it down into some simple, straightforward, and actionable strategies.
I believe I can best share those strategies with you primarily through video posts, blogs, and books. From there, you must do two things:
1. Research your own experience. Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is specifically your own. — Bruce Lee
2. When you understand what I am telling you, apply what you have learned to your everyday life…I am not interested with your talk about my ideas. I am more interested in your applying them to your life. – Miyamoto Musashi
If that sounds like something you are into, you can sign up HERE to receive updates whenever the latest video post or blog hits, and to get insider deals and discounts when the next book or multimedia project releases.