In this installment of the video Q & A series, we try to uncover some of the potential reasons why a dieter is suffering from low energy and increasing body fat.
WHAT WE COVERED
- The no bullsh*t truth. No diet structure — whether it be Intermittent Feast, intermittent fasting, traditional bodybuilding/fitness nutrition and the 6-Shooter Spread — is a “miracle cure” that allows you to overlook diet fundamentals. Don’t let anyone — including me — sell you that their system is more important than nutrition basics.
- Examples: Intermittent Feast will NOT allow you to lose fat if you’re in a calorie surplus. Intermittent Feast will NOT allow you to eat crap and be healthy. Intermittent Feast will NOT provide you miraculous energy if you are combining no-carb diets with anaerobic training, etc.
- 1. Get Your Diet Numbers Right. This is the most important step to achieve any body composition goal — targeted calories based on the physique goal, adequate protein to support lean muscle mass either way, the right distribution of carbs and fats based on activity levels, etc.
- 2. Optimize Food Choices. This takes care of the health aspects of a diet and can make it a lot easier to stay within your numbers (real, whole foods are way more satiating than refined foods).
- 3. Find a Sustainable Diet Structure. Meal frequency and food distribution is predominantly about making your diet plan practical, sustainable, and functional as a lifestyle plan. Use whatever works best. I believe in Da Feast!
- My continuing battles with my frickin’ Whiteboard.